Become a Member of CIRM
CIRM's membership consists of companies from across the marine electronics industry. From manufacturers of navigation and communication equipment through to
service providers and servicing companies, CIRM's membership covers the full industry spectrum.
Benefits of CIRM Membership
Members of CIRM enjoy a wide range of benefits.
- Belong to a powerful industry association with representation throughout the international marine electronics industry;
- Participate in regulatory meetings under the CIRM banner, including IMO, IEC and ITU;
- Assist in the development of international standards and regulations affecting their products and services;
- Receive continuous technical support and advice from the CIRM Secretariat;
- Participate in CIRM meetings, which provide a uniquely focused forum for networking and business development;
- Receive industry news and developments, meeting reports and event summaries;
- Access MyCIRM - the private member portal on the CIRM website - which provides specialist information and documentation;
Types of Membership
Details of the membership and fee structure, and procedures for application and resignation, are set out in the CIRM Articles of Association (as amended to April 2015).
These should be read in full before applying. The Articles of Association are publically available on this website (Articles of Association).
The appropriate membership category for a new applicant is at the discretion of the CIRM Board, subject to ratification by the membership at the next Annual General Meeting.
Criteria for membership are normally applied as follows:
- Full Membership is primarily for companies whose core business is in the manufacture, operation or servicing of maritime radiocommunication
or navigation systems or equipment. Full members are entitled to vote at CIRM meetings and to nominate delegates for election to the CIRM Board.
- Associate Membership is available to companies that do not qualify for full membership, but have an interest in the field of maritime electronics,
who support the aims of CIRM and are prepared to play an active part in its work. They are not entitled to vote or to serve on the CIRM Board, but they
receive all the other benefits of membership.
Completed application forms should be scanned, signed, emailed and a hard copy posted to CIRM. Membership will normally be activated and passwords issued as soon
as the application is received. The application form is available here and also direct from the Secretariat. The Secretary-General will be glad to
discuss details and provide further information.